Advert Hotlines:+234-8023882330, 08165371627

Monday 20 May 2013

BBM Q& A: EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH KEDOX!

By Olumide T. Agunbiade|Nigerian Blogger
Follow @olumideblogzin
www.facebook.com/Agunbiade Olumide        
BB Pin: 313DCEBF                                                                                     

I had the opportunity to interview the new ‘KID ON THE BLOCK—‘KEDOX!’ He was very nice and kind to take time to answer all the questions! Thanks Kedox!! Now to all the questions you want answers to: Read more   
Q: Tell us about yourself?
A:  Am kehinde Adedoyin Ogunlana. My stage name is kedox, am a singer/songwriter, model and currently studying Business Administration in YabaTech.
 Q: How many song have you recorded?
A:  Nine songs. Am currently promoting my collaboration with Eazy plus (formerly Minus 2) titled: ‘GO DOWN LOW.’ The audio+ video is available online and my record label (Script 2 Screen Entertainment) is currently dropping it on radio and TV stations as well.
Q: Why was Eazy plus still calling himself Minus 2 in the Audio + Video of the song?
A: He informed my management about his change of name after we shot the video. We respected his decision because he said it was an order from his management
 Q:  What is your favourite colour and why?

A: Hmm...Yellow! It’s a colour that makes me happy?
Q: Tell me your challenges as an upcoming artiste in Nigeria?
A: Acceptance is a major challenge. I was shocked to discover that many songs and videos are accepted online and on air based on the popularity of the artiste and the popularity of the directors of the video. They seem to forget that these famous artistes and directors were once newcomers too! 
Q: Tell us about your Record Label?
A: I was signed to SCRIPT 2 SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT last year and they have been a blessing to my music career since I joined them. They actually provide a platform for upcoming Artistes to express themselves to an extent where big Entertainment Company can buy-out the contract of such artiste to proceed on his or her musical career.   
Q: What’s your favourite TV programme?
A: Music Videos.
Q: If you could donate N1 million to any charity what would it be?
A: To support motherless children and sick people.
Q: What’s your favourite food?
A: I don’t joke with beans and plantain.
Q: What’s your favourite perfume?
A: Am comfortable with any brand that smells really good.
Q: What’s your favourite pet?
A: A dog!
Q: Who is your favourite Nigerian Artiste?
A: I love 2face and would be honoured to do collaboration with him.
Q: Which famous Artiste have you done collaboration with and looking forward to work with?
A:  Minus 2, sorry…Eazy plus. Though am not supposed to let the cat- out-of-the-Bag but am working on collaboration with Olamide, Dammy Krane and am looking forward to work with Clever J, Solid Star, Wizkid and Davido.
Q: Which Producers have you worked with, currently working with and looking forward to work with?
A: SPYKE, MC DEE, HERBS, BREEZE BEAT AND D FLECTURE (FROM GHANA). Am currently working with ID CABASA and am looking forward to work with SARZ and TY MIX.
Q: What kind of phone do you use?
A: A black berry.
Q: What’s your favourite hairstyle and body cream?
A: I love GALLAS and I don’t really have a favourite body cream.
Q: What’s the best gift you’ve gotten from a fan?
A: A kiss and cash!
Q: Which international Artiste would you like to do collaboration with?
A: Justin Bierber!
Q: Who is your role model?
A: 2face and Akon.
Q: What inspired you to go solo after being with your former group ‘Impact’?
A: I always trust my instincts. Weather I’m writing a song or choosing a path in life. I just felt like it was the perfect time to make a new path and do my own thing. The journey I had with my old group gave me so much to write about. There was no doubt in my mind this was the next step for me.
Q: Tell us a little bit about your typical day.
A: Every day seems to be something completely different these days, but lately it’s been: wake up…decide whether or not I trust the coffee in my house or hotel room…shower…check email… listen to musis…twit…ping…travel somewhere.. do an acoustic performance… go to school… get a song Idea and record it into my phone… end up in another club…sleep… repeat.
Q: What else would you be if you weren’t a singer/songwriter?
A: Growing up I was next in line to take over a family cabinet business, but I always knew that wasn’t the path for me. I just love music and the stage more than anything. So I probably would have been in theater or acting.
Q: What is your favorite hobby?
A: Growing up I really loved riding bicycle, but these days I’m pretty obsessed with writing, reading, recording songs and performing.
Q: What is your favourite watch?
A: Rolex.
Q: If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you and why?
A: My acoustic guitar, guitar strings, and the memory of the experience. I would probably write the best songs ever… that everyone will like. Ha-Ha.
Q: Do your twin sister sing too?
A: No. She’s a make-up artiste.
Q: What’s your worst habit?
A: I use to bite my finger nails... Finally stopped that habit last year! Ha! Ha!
Q: Who would you like to say a shout-out to?
A: I will like to say a shout out to my Mum, my family, Mr. Brown, Script 2 Screen Entertainment, Derex, Elizabeth… to DJAN, my Producers and super fans…thanks for your support….I love you all!  
Q: Thanks for chatting with me!                                                                         
A: My pleasure!

1 comment: